Why Yachting International Ltd (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed and stored by us.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who oversees privacy related matters for us. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out below.
What Data We Collect About You
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual.
If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data: may include your first name, last name.
- Contact Data: may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: may include your bank account.
- Transaction Data: may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data: may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data: may include any username and password, purchases and orders.
- Usage Data: may include information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase or contractual obligations.
How Your Data is Stored
Client data is held on our database to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us. The data is stored electronically on our secure web servers and is backed up remotely in the cloud. The servers are protected using security software and firewalls.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Your data and any associated client data is NEVER passed on unduly to anyone outside of Why Yachting International Ltd.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we must keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. After this time, on your request, it will be securely deleted from our systems. Any paper records are shredded when no longer required.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may disclose information about you to the extent that we are required to do so by law in connection with any legal proceedings, to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the general running of our business:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may use your information to email you regarding products and services that may be of interest. Please email us and provide up to date details of your contact preference (Email/Telephone/Post).
You can instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes at any time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “REMOVE” or simply unsubscribe from any mailings that you receive.
Information About Visiting This Website
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability.
Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. Some features on this site will not function if you do not allow cookies.
To change your cookie preferences for this website, click the cog icon found at the bottom left of any page.
This website uses the following cookies:
- GOOGLE ANALYTICS:
These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
Cookies used: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
- FUNCTIONAL COOKIES:
These cookies are used to enable core site functionality and are created automatically when you visit the website.
They do not contain any personal information and are automatically deleted when you close your browser.Cookies used: PHPSESSID
Find out more about how you can control cookies at https://www.aboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
You may instruct us to provide any personal information we hold about you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please inform us of any changes to your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com
If you have any questions, or require further information, please contact our Data Controller at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below.